Monday, December 26, 2011

Maddie's 12 month post

Where oh where has my little baby gone?!?! Well she if officially a toddler and I seriously can't wrap my head around that.  I remember her being born like it was yesterday.  I can't believe how much she has changed in the past year.  While I'm wrapping my head around that here is what Maddie girl has been up to the past month and some pictures from the past year.


Maddie is getting close to 20 pounds.  I'll have exact height and weight tomorrow.  She is wearing 12 month clothing, size 3 shoes and size 3 diapers.
She is eating basically everything we eat.  She has started drinking whole milk but is not completely transition over from formula.  She is drinking 6 to 10 ounces of formula still.  Although as soon as this can is out I think we are going to call it quits.

Maddie has her two bottom teeth.  Teething has been a real pain for this girl.  She and I have had many sleepless nights because of them.  I hate to say its only just begun in the teething department.
Maddie has taken a few steps at a time before her first birthday but has since then decided to take up to 10 steps.  She is standing up on her own and bending down to pick things up off the floor.  She is still a super fast crawler and is into everything.  She especially loves her brothers toys.
Maddie can say mama, dada, bubba, bye bye and as of today pop pop.  She likes to wave bye-bye and clap her hands.  This month she has started dancing.  this consists of her holding on to something and bobbing her head.  It is possibly the sweetest thing I've ever seen.

Maddie is still not sleeping through the night and I'm convinced its some how my fault.  I can't stand to hear my baby crying and I fear she is going to wake up Mason, so I go to her soon after she starts crying.  I have got to figure a way to get her to sleep better.  Also the past couple of weeks she has wanted to be rocked to sleep.  I enjoy rocking her but I know this is hindering the sleep training.  I hope by next month it will be a different story in the sleep department.
Maddie is showing her personality so much these days.  She may not say very many words, but she sure knows how to get her point across.  She is very much a momma's girl but is also quite smitten by her daddy at times.  She absolutely adores her brother as well.

Although I haven't got much sleep the past year, I don't regret one sleepless night with this sweet baby girl.  She is such a joy to us and I can't wait to see what the next year holds for her as she becomes more verbal and mobile.  I love this little girl so much!!  She makes my heart so happy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment